Genesis 9900TC series has been specially developed for bolted storage tank coatings. It is applied to tank plates externally and internally in various thickness ranges prior to the fitting of bolted tanks. Genesis 9900TC Series is available in Grey, Green, Blue, and Red colors.
Genesis 9900TC Series have excellent mechanical & chemical properties. It is highly resistant to aggressive contents such as raw sewage and industrial effluents with an extensive pH range of 2 to 13. Application process is normally carried out under automatic factory settings in a carefully controlled and monitored way, resulting in a high and consistent quality FBE coating.
Genesis 9900TC Series is available in following three types:
- Genesis 9901TC – Interior Fusion Bonded Epoxy Lining
- Genesis 9902TC – Exterior Fusion Bonded Epoxy Primer
- Genesis 9903TC – Exterior Polyester Topcoat
Genesis 9900TC Series Application Method for Tank Panel Coating:
- After surface cleaning, blasting, and required pre-heating, the FBE powder is applied internally and externally. The powder is applied with an electrostatic process. The sheets move through the spray booth. Some 2-4 electrostatic powder spray guns blow fluidized FBE on the sheet surface. A small amount of excess powder is recovered and conditioned before being returned. FBE melts when it contacts the hot surface.
- Genesis 9901TC is applied internally in the range of 180microns to 400microns.
- Genesis 9902TC prime coat is applied externally in the range of 100 to 150microns.
- Coating thickness is maintained by the use of PLC controlled automatic spray system.
- Visual inspection for coverage is made after powder application and before the first oven cure. Areas with light coverage can be re-sprayed with a manual spray gun.
Genesis 9900TC Series Curing Method for Tank Panel Coating
- FBE coated panels then heated in an oven to achieve a metal temperature of 170-180C° depending upon the line speed and sheet wall thickness
- Both visual inspection and dry film test is randomly performed before the application of the top coat. Genesis 9903TC Top Coat (super durable polyester) is applied on all exterior surfaces in the range of 100 to 150microns.
- Genesis 9903TC provides excellent gloss retention, UV resistance and outdoor durability.
- Bonding between the FBE and top coat involve a chemical Reaction. Therefore, for the reaction to occur properly the reactivity of the FBE powder primer has to be correctly controlled at the time of application of the top coat.
- Visual and wet mil thickness testing shall be randomly performed before the second oven curing.
- The coated panels then pass through the final cure oven where the oven temperature ranges from 204C° to 245C° based upon the metal thickness.
- After curing a final inspection is carried out to check the film thickness, gloss, holidays, adhesion and other properties.
For more specifications, please contact with our sales representatives.